Stuart D. Colburn
Jay R. Downs
R. Christopher Esson
R. Lynn Fielder
D. Rynn Freiling
John V. Fundis
Laura Shelton Horn
T. Glenn Ingram
Tab H. Keener
Christopher M. Losey
Frances A. Lout
Janice G. Menzies
Charles E. Morse
David R. Pettineo
Philip P. Romero
Laura D. Schmidt
Andrew Z. Schreck
Wendy D. Schrock
Timothy U. Stanford
Jeremy J. Cook
M. Gaddy Wells
Tab H. Keener
As a shareholder of Downs . Stanford, Mr. Keener's practice focuses
on construction law, premises liability, wrongful death, trucking
accidents, automotive defects, product liability, electric utility
and oil field accidents, all with an emphasis on trial practice.
As lead counsel, Mr. Keener has tried many complex commercial
and personal injury defense cases to verdict. As a result of such
trial experience, Mr. Keener is frequently appointed as a mediator
by numerous Dallas County Judges. His article on premises liability
is cited in an opinion by the San Antonio Court of Appeals and
is prominently featured in O’Conner’s Texas Causes
- United States District Court - Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western
Districts of Texas.
- State of Texas (1986)
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Section
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Mississippi College School of Law, J.D. (1986)
Mock Appellate Court Champion, Trial Team, National Competition
- Southern Methodist University, B.A. (1982)
Attended SMU on Football Scholarship, Letterman 1979, 1981
- Tab H. Keener, Can the Submission of a Premises Liability
case be simplified? 28 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 1137 (1997) cited in
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. v. Garza, 27 S.W. 3d 64 (Tex. App. –
San Antonio 2000, no writ) and Texas Causes of Action, Premises
Liability Chapter, pgs. 699, 713 (2009).
- Tab H. Keener, Making Changes and Resolving Disputes During
the Construction Process. Construction Law for Engineers and
Contractors, Half Moon, LLC, December, 2008.
- Tab H. Keener, Venue under Ruiz v. Conoco: What is the Standard
of Review and Who is an Agent or Representative?, 48 Baylor
L. Rev 669 (1994).
- Tab H. Keener, What is QSF and When Should it Be Used? Defensively
Speaking, Primerus Defense Institute, November, 2009.
- Durham, Glover, Stanley and Wilson v. Zarcades, individually,
and as a Trustee of the Peter A. Zarcades Trust, 270 S.W. 3d
708 (Tex. App. – Ft. Worth (2009).
- Panatrol Corp. v. Emerson Elec. Co., 163 S.W.3d 492 (Tex.
App.-San Antonio 2005, pet. filed).
- Willowbrook Foods, Inc. v. Grinnell Corp., 147 S.W.3d 492
Antonio 2004, pet. filed).
- Dallas Cent. Appraisal Dist. v. Seven Inv. Co., 835 S.W.2d
816 (Tex. 1992).
- Dallas Cent. Appraisal Dist. v. Las Colinas Corp., 814 S.W.2d
816 (Tex. App.- Dallas 1991).